Lincoln City will be offering “clinics” about the creatures that you may find when you are exploring the tide pools in the area. Periodically from March thru July, you can join Dr. Chuck at the 15th Street Beach Access where he will provide a brief lecture and then take you on a tour of the tidepools where you can see sea creatures like starfish, anemones, crabs. Each of the clinics will last about 2 hours.
Make sure you bring some gloves, and depending on weather you may want raingear and sunscreen as well. It’s also nice to have rubber boots to trudge around in the water.
These are the current dates and times:
- Sunday, March 13, 2016 @ 10:00am
- Friday, March 18, 2016 @ 4:30pm
- Sunday, April 3, 2016 @ 4:00pm
- Saturday, April 9, 2016 @ 8:30am
- Sunday, May 1, 2016 @ 2:00pm
- Monday, May 9, 2016 @ 9:00am
- Wednesday, June 8, 2016 @ 9:30am
- Saturday, June 11, 2016 @ 12noon
- Thursday, July 7, 2016 @ 9:00am
- Sunday, July 24, 2016 @ 10:00am
To get there from Highway 101 head WEST (toward the ocean) on NW 15th Street. This beach access has a parking lot and there are restrooms here as well. You could actually walk here if you were staying at Lincoln City Beach Retreats – Vacation Rentals.
Extremely easily accessible and you get a lighthouse as a bonus is Yaquina Head – south of Lincoln City in Newport.